I. Puneti verbele din paranteza la formele corespunzatoare:
1. Your taxi (arrive). It’s waiting outside.
2. I (lose) my credit card. Anyone (see) it?
3. She (read) all of Scott’s novels and she knows all about them.
4. I never (be) to America.
5. I (know) her for a couple of years.
6. He (have) this car since 1992.
7. There (be) a lot of fights in that part of the world ths year.
II. Completati spatiile libere asa cum cere sensul propozitiilor. Observati ca actiunea a inceput in trecut si continua in prezent:
1. I………(look) for my credit card since I noticed it was missing.
2. It …….(snow) for a week now.
3. How long you…….(wait)? I’m sorry I’m late.
4. Since when……(listen) to the radio? It was off when I left.
5. She……….(cook) for two hours but lunch isn’t ready yet.
III. Sa ne amintim verbele neregulate! Raspundeti urmatoarelor indemnuri ca in exemplul de mai jos:
Learn your irregular verbs!
I’ve just learnt them!
1. Cut the bread, will you?
2. You should put a patch on these trousers.
3. Let her into the building, please.
4. You should set your affairs in order.
5. You’d better shut the door.
6. Cast your net into the water if you want to have fish for dinner.
7. You should bet on Speedy, I think.
IV. Continuati propozitiile ce urmeaza, asa cum se arata in exemplu:
Ex. I usually buy the morning paper.
I’ve bought it this time, too.
1. I usually catch a lot of fish when I go fishing.
2. He always brings me flowers on my birthday.
3. I never think twice when it comes to making a decision.
4. She usually writes a post card to me when she is on holiday at palma de Mallorca or in Brazil.
5. I always feel good when I see her.
6. I never find the right words to express my gratitude.
V. Vom continua enunturile ca in exemplul de mai jos:
Don’t ring the bell.
I’ve rung it already./I’ve already rung it.
1. You don’t have to lay the table.Helen…………..
2. Don’t make any coffe.I…………
3. You don’t have to beat the carpets. Your son……….
4. You don’t have to begin the conversation. They………..
5. She needn’t do the rooms. Her daughters…………….
6. You don’t have to give him your adress. I………………….
I. 1. has arrived; 2.I have lost/ I’ve lost. Has anyone seen it? 3. has read; 4. I have /I’ve never been; 5. I have/I’ve known her; 6. has had; 7. there have been
II. 1. I have been looking; 2. has been snowing; 3. have you been waiting? 4. have you been listening? 5. has been cooking
III. 1. I’ve just cut it. 2I’ve just put one; 3. I’ve just let her in; 4. I’ve just set them in order; 5. I’ve just shut it; 6. I’ve just cast it; 7. I’ve just bet on him
IV. 1.I’ve caught a lot of time, too. 2. He’s brought me flowers this time, too. 3. I haven’t thought twice this time either; 4. She has/she’s written….this time, too; 5. I’ve felt good this time, too;6. I haven’t found them …this time either
V. 1. has already laid it/ has laid it already; 2. I’ve made some already/I’ve already made some; 3. has beaten them already/has already beaten them; 4. have already begun it/have begun it already; 5. have done them already/have already done them; 6. have given it to him already/have already given it to him